Andreessen Horowitz – a leading venture capital firm and a prominent investor in the cryptocurrency space – has raised a fresh $9 billion to further its involvement in the growing industry.
- Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) is amongst the leading venture capital companies investing in all sorts of crypto and tech-related projects.
- According to a recent announcement, the firm has raised a fresh $ billion “to invest via our Venture, Growth, and Bio Funds.”
- Out of the total number, $1.5 billion will go to the Bio fund, $5 billion to the Growth Fund, and $2.5 billion to the Venture fund.
… coupled with the $2.2B Crypto Fund and $400M Seed Fund we raised in 2021, we will continue to invest across the entire spectrum of stages, writing checks as small as $25,000 and up to hundreds of millions of dollars. – Reads the announcement.
- The company has been historically bullish on the advent of cryptocurrencies. Its co-founder, Marc Andreessen, stated last year that Bitcoin is fundamental to the technological transformation.
- a16z has been involved in multiple fundings in the industry. Last October, Axie Infinity raised $150 million in a funding round led by the VC firm.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.
Credit: Source link